Seafoam as stabilizer/winterizing ???

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Seafoam as stabilizer/winterizing ???

Really, there is fogging oil and there is Seafoam. Fogging oil is intended for just that, fogging the motor before storage. That is it's sole use and it works. Seafoam claims to do just about everything. Decarbonize, Stabilize, Protect the motor during storage(fog), Clear fuel systems up. But the only thing I have used it for is to decarbonize and it works for that. As for fogging and stabilizer, I'm using products that are intended(Solely) for that. I use Stabil and fogger I got from NAPA auto parts. Works for me.(This is not to say that Seafoam may not do these things well also. I'm just sticking with what I know works for now). Seafoam makes your motor smoke because it clearing out carbon from the combustion chamber. This is totally different than fogging the engine. Fogging is basically oiling everything within the engine for storage so no rust or condensation can eat away at it...

Chunder06

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Seafoam as stabilizer/winterizing ???

Why not just drain out the fuel and and put it in your cars then get a litre of colemans fuel (naphtha) and half liter of Isopropyl alchol and bung into the tank the alcohol will lower the freezing point and the colemans fuel will clean any crap left in the tank.
ps. its a lot cheaper than sf:^