Evinrude Sportsman yr and hp ?

scwaters

Recruit
This is my first post here and I really could use some help. The serial number is 4346-02045.<br /><br />I hope I have selected the most appropriate forum for this type question.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Evinrude Sportsman yr and hp ?

Howdy, scwaters.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />The model number 4346 goes to a 1940 2hp. That's a pretty rare engine.<br /><br />Want to double check?

scwaters

Recruit

That's the number off the tag, which is very clear. In fact, the motor looks good for its age. The huge problem is the cracked cylinder. It was kept by an older fellow in an out building for years. I need all the info I can get on it. Thanks so much for what you have provided so far.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Acme Outboards dot com has old Evinrude service manuals. You can see same vintage E-rudes on the auction sites all the time...they go for $50 to more than $300. The sportsman is a stout little motor, but you have to adjust the rich/lean mixture each time you throttle up or down...ain't hard to do and they are good little workhorses. The guys on the antique outboard club site, www.aomci.org and their Ask A Member board, are experts on outboards of that vintage.