1979 Mercury V-150 6 cyc Ignition Schematic

habainfo

Recruit
Good Evening,<br /><br />I am quiet the novice when it comes to 2 cycle motor mechanics.... but I have many years experience in general mechanic and am very mechanically inclined.... Now I find that I am not real sure I understand all that I have learned today about ignition systems and so on.<br /><br />I have figured out that I have a 1979 Mercury V-150 6 cyc motor with the help of your guys forums. I have figured out that I have 5775 switch boxes and voltage regulators and stater and triggers and so on.... and learned that DVA testing provides many good clue as to where problems may lie... and also that there are DVA adapters that fit plain old VOM (volt ohm meters).... I intend to purchase a motor manual for my motor... but I was wondering if there were anyone out there who would know where I could download a schematic drawing of my motor electrical system.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Forced to Mechanic

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1979 Mercury V-150 6 cyc Ignition Schematic

Welcome aboard Forced!<br /><br />Don't know of a place on the web that has them. But you can pop over to the local library and find a copy of the Seloc or Clymer service manuals for Merc. Both usually carry the wireing diagrams for the engines covered in the manual.<br /><br />EDIT: If you want your own copy, look at the bottom of the page. There is an icon there for service manual. Check them out.