tempo plastic tanks

joho09

Cadet
I have two plastic tempo tanks that seep fuel around the top plate that holds the gauge and outlet. Anyone know where to get the gaskets for these tanks?<br />Thanks

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: tempo plastic tanks

I'm not much hep....dont really know where to find them. I bet though that if you cant find them, you could always make your own.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Auto stores (NAPA, Car Quest, etc) have gasket material. Take it apart carefully and cut a new gasket. Use gasket material that is not affected by fuel.

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade

How about the round rubber "gaskets" that are inside the filler caps on the older OMC metal tanks?<br /><br />Anyone sell those?<br /><br />Thanks for reading, Chuck

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I went to Tempo's website and Emailed them the same, exactly the same, problem, plus the plastic window for viewing the guage needle was so fogged as to be unusable.<br /><br />They sent me new gaskets and a new "window". . . .free. It's been a few years but they may still have the same policy.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Ha...ya know JB, sometime we forget that its just possible the original manufacturer just MIGHT have the parts we need.......HA.Robby

timmathis

Lieutenant

I't will amaze you what some company's will do for you if you just ask. Tim

Pony

Rear Admiral

good to know, I may have to take a closer look at Tempo's site myself

joho09

Cadet

I went to Tempo's site, asked my question. Response was that West Marine handles old fuel tank parts,gave me a part #. Went to West marine, "withdraw assenbly" was $24.+-, gasket was $10,+-. Made my own gasket,$1.+-.<br />John

deeep water

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if you see a roofing company thy have lots of scrap rubber roofing,,,its uneffected by gas and just about anything you can put in your tank,,only roofing tar is bad for it

jastacey

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had the same issue with a tempo 12 gallon gas tank, the rubber seal failed and leaked all over the place and I sent them a e-mail and they promptly sent me a new gasket at no charge ... I'll buy their products anytime, with that kinda of customer service ... hard to find that kinda service now-a-days1

ttp

Seaman Apprentice

I may have the same problem but again maybe not. When I squees the primer bulb I hear air. Don't know if its the gas line or the the seal on the tank. What I do know, I am sucking enough air to stall the motor. Should I buy a new fuel line or fuel line connector or gasket kit(make my own). Sorry for the intrusion on your subject.

tr918

Petty Officer 2nd Class

-ttp<br />You might want to post this in a new thread. It will get more hits and advice that way. <br /><br />Inspect your primer bulb for cracks. Then inspect all fuel line and fuel line connections for leaks both fuel and air.