Year of my Evinrude 35 HP motor?

ReggieC

Recruit
Can someone help me with the year of my Evinrude 35 HP motor? The serial # is E0001724, and the Model # is 3565S.<br /><br />Any help appreciated.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Year of my Evinrude 35 HP motor?

No model 3565S listed, Reggie<br /><br />Model 35652 is a 1976 35HP. Could that be it?<br /><br />Good luck, and welcome to iboats. :)

ReggieC

Recruit

It definitely has the "S" at the end, but you are probably right about it being a 1976 model. It is light mtallic blue with a blue and white cover and "Evinrude" logo on it.<br /><br />Thanks for replying so quickly.<br /><br />Reggie

Paul Moir

Admiral

You appear to be short a digit then. Would you mind double checking?<br />A 3hp engine would have for numerical digits, but there's no model 3565 3hp engines. Occasionally we do see incorrect, factory model numbers here though.

ReggieC

Recruit

No, that's definitely the model number on the engine mount. Is there some other place I can look for a number?

Paul Moir

Admiral

Well, it's easy enough to confirm it's a '76. Follow the spark plug wires. The should go into an igntion coil. Follow the wires that come from the ignition coil. If they lead up underneath the flywheel, it's definitely a '76. If they go into a plastic "black box", it's not.<br />The '76 hood should have a decal that says "Evinrude 35" on the side, but hoods get swapped & repainted all the time.<br /><br />If the spark plug wires don't go to an igntion coil, but rather up underneath the flywheel, we're way off and we're looking at a '59 35hp, or possibly even a '60-'62 40hp engine. We can narrow from there.

ReggieC

Recruit

The spark plug wires go into two small creme colored electronic boxes. If that helps any. Sorry so long to reply, We're dealing with the evacuees up here.

ReggieC

Recruit

The spark plug wires go into two small creme colored electronic boxes. If that helps any. Sorry so long to reply, We're dealing with the evacuees up here.