Yamaha has blown piston

tld1028

Recruit
I just puchase a used 1997 yamaha 130 hp saltwater. The seller said he did a compression test and all cylinder check out @140 psi. When I ran the motor for the frist time the idle was at 1400 rpm. I set the idle at about 800 rpm. The motor seem to be missing on one cylinder. Anyway after trying a number of different thing it didn't help. I took the motor back to the guy I puchase from and after doing some checking he did another compression check. One cylinder has 0 psi. Ok now after all that the guy I purchase the motor from said that I cause the piston to blow because my gas has water in it. I use new gas and I know the tanks where MT and clean. What could cause a piston to blow that quick? Also one other cylinder showed low compression, about 120 psi. The guy said the motor had about 28 hr on it. The tach show 75hr. Should I just fix the one cylinder or do them all. Sorry for this long question. I just wondering if I could have cause this or maybe I just got screwed.

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yamaha has blown piston

You just got screwed. Never buy a used motor without a demo.. Woods are full of crooks. Don't respond when you get your notification that you won the Nigerian lottery. The Amsterdam one either.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Yamaha has blown piston

Howdy, TLD.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />Why would you post about an engine trouble in the NON-REPAIR Forum?<br /><br />I will move this to Yamaha troubles for you.<br /><br />Good luck. :)