Trim gauge wiring diagram

nifty58

Recruit
I have a 1989 Johnson 40HP outboard with trim & tilt( J40TLCE ). I recently purchased a trim gauge but it didn't come with a wiring diagram. My manual doesn't cover tilt and trim. I think the sender is there but I have no idea how to wire it up. Any assistance would be very welcome.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Trim gauge wiring diagram

Welcome to iboats.<br /><br />Your motor probably didn't come with a sending unit. You'll probably have to get one of those as well.<br /><br />The wires that go to the gauge...<br />Purple provides 12v+ to the gauge<br />Black is the ground and provides 12v-<br />Blue is for the light, 12v+ off the nav light circuit<br />White/tan is the sender wire.<br /><br />Johnnyrude senders have two leads. One lead is grounded (usually all the way back up at the gauge), and of course the sender wire.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Trim gauge wiring diagram

To JohnnyRude troubles.

carlos bairo

Seaman Apprentice
trim wiring gauges=

trim wiring gauges=

hi guys ..i need help diagram to wiring my johnson 70 hp seahorse model 1981-gauges.
i have a tachometer/fuel sender/tilt trim/ and speed gauges to connect.
1 the switch from commander center 3 wires purple/red/black-
2 the connection from relay trim unit-a flat switch with 3 wires =green/blue/red-the are in lead tow extra wiring cables
small gauges black/brown=withe/brown-.
i don t have idea how to wire them.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: trim wiring gauges=

Re: trim wiring gauges=

It's not nice to hi-jack a thread. Please read the rules at the top of the forum and start you own. Thank You.

Last edited: