Power trim for 40 hp Evinrude

valdr

Cadet
Last year we purchased an used 13' BW ('73) with a late '80 Evinrude 40 hp. We used the boat extensively in the sounds, which means we always needed to look out for shallow waters. We would like to add a power trim, so we are able to maneuver over shallows more easily. Also my wife is not able to lift the heavy motor.<br /><br />Any recommendations for an economical solution? Any comment welcome.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Power trim for 40 hp Evinrude

hello<br /> either a bracket type like the CMC unit which does not mount well on that curved transome or go to the dealer and buy the kit. you may hunt around and find a blown motor with trim. post me your engine model number as I am parting one out.

valdr

Cadet

Rodbolt,<br />I don't have the S/N handy, but it's a 89 Evinrude 40 hp.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Rodbolt,<br /><br />If PKSWalt doesn't take your offer or you have another, I am interested. Model TE40ELETB. <br /><br />Email: mjmullen4@ yahoo . com Spaced it out so hopefully that will foil the spy pgms.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Mark

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

ok<br /> let me look<br /> I have an 89 40 outback that is manual and a 2000 50 with trim that are history. I have to get rid of my junkyard soon. maybe moving :) :) <br />its warm in venezuela :) :)