evinrude year and model number

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcfryer

Cadet
I have aquired a good running older evinrude motor complete with controls and cables ect. model# is 33552B with a serial number of E03489. I was wondering what year and model and hp this motor is. thanks in advance

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: evinrude year and model number

Year and more:<br /><br />Evinrude Model 33552 (SkiTwin)<br />Year: 1965<br />HP: 33<br />WOT RPMS: 4500<br />Displacement: 40.5 cu.in. = 663.7 ccm<br />Cylinders: 2<br />Weight: 127 - 140 lbs. = 57.6 - 63.5 Kg<br />Gear Ratio: 12:21<br />Spark plug: Champion J4C (was J4J) gapped at .030"<br />Fuel/oil mix: 50:1 87 octane gas to TCW-3 rated outboard oil.<br /><br />(The 33hp engine has no thermostat, and water should gush out the large hole at the back when you start it)<br /> Picture<br /> From the Old OMC Site

nuts4camaros

Cadet

Wow, this is great stuff. Thanks Paul. I too have one of these. Mine's not running however. Trying to figure out if it's going to be cost effective to have it fixed. It's missing parts (from a theft), carb, etc...

My serial no.: E03741

Anyone have any thoughts on trying to get this thing running (assuming it's not seized)?

Pics can be seen here...
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/twopolarbears/1964 wellcraft boat/

janstiss

Recruit

i have an evinrude motor and im trying to figure out the year and h.p. and model. the serial number is 3012-53567.... also could anyone tell me where to go to look up serial numbers on old boat motors please.....ive been finding alot of them at garage sales, and would like to be able to get info on them before buying them.... thank you all so much, have a blessed day........:confused:

JCF350

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i have an evinrude motor and im trying to figure out the year and h.p. and model. the serial number is 3012-53567.... also could anyone tell me where to go to look up serial numbers on old boat motors please.....ive been finding alot of them at garage sales, and would like to be able to get info on them before buying them.... thank you all so much, have a blessed day........:confused:

http://www.maxrules.com/index.html

Lakeshadow

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've got the same engine. I believe it is a short shaft. It measures 17 inches from the transom clamp resting surface to the flat above the propeller. IMG_2240.jpg

The model and serial number is stamped on an alloy plate riveted to the very front upper casting steering handle thing just behind the flip lever to remove the hood. Unless it has been removed?

old is new

Recruit
Hey Paul, maybe you can help me. My model,serial numbers cannot be found. Maybe you know how. They are: AM-70 A , G1757464. Please help.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey Paul, maybe you can help me. My model,serial numbers cannot be found. Maybe you know how. They are: AM-70 A , G1757464. Please help.

1st - This thread is over 13 years old.

2nd - Paul has not been here since December 6, 2008.

3rd - I hope you don't really expect an answer in this ancient, inactive thread.

4th - You should glance at the rule about posting in and old threads.

5th - Please start a new thread of your own so active members will see and answer your question.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.