connecting up kicker fuel line to main boat fuel tank

mitchellk

Cadet
I have a 86 evinrude 225 on a Mako boat. I also have a 1989 15hp Honda kicker. I want to hook up the hondas fuel line up to the main tank, instead of having its own fuel tank takin up space.<br />How do i do this, or where should i hook it up? at the tank? or put a t in the main fuel line some where? do i need to worry about pressure malfuntion in the tank or fuel lines?<br />thanks

ob15

Chief Petty Officer
Re: connecting up kicker fuel line to main boat fuel tank

My bother in law has an Aquasport 22 walk around with a 225 & 15 kicker. The kicker would not run well of the tank. I guess its to hard to pull the fuel from the main tank.

Forktail

Ensign

The best thing would be to install a fuel filter/water separator in-line between your tank and outboards. <br /><br />These have a twist-on replaceable cartridge and a plastic drainable bowl. You can get the housings with dual in and dual out fittings (one tank/two outboards, two tanks/two outboards, two tanks/one outboard, etc.). They'll mount just about anywhere and they're inexpensive. ;)

Knightgang

Lieutenant

I would put a T connection int the line and do it that way. Or, do as Forktail suggested and run on elin efrom the tank to the Water Seperator and then two line out, one to each motor. Same basic principle.

gss036

Commander

I go with Forktail instructions. <br />I run a 200 HP Mercury.I have my 15 hp Honda hooked to my main fuel tank. I just put a fitting into one of out fitting on the fuel/water seperator housing and have never had a problem, been that way for 15 years now.

JRJ

Commander

I run my kicker off main fuel tank. One bulb, works great.