Oil Change & Filter 50 HP Honda 4 Strok

my camel

Recruit
Maybe i shuda posted the following, here rather than in the repair section:<br /><br />Ok, i'm not REALLY stupid. i purchased a 96 50 HP Honda last year. they said they changed the oil, filter and LU oil so i waited. it's mounted on my pontoon boat and it's in the water. i have a neighbor with a trailer that will get the boat out of the water.<br /><br />this year i want to change the oil, filter and the plugs.<br /><br />I feel stupid but where is the oil filter?????<br /><br />and where can i find sealing washers for the drain plugs?<br /><br />what else should i do to maintain this wonderful motor?<br /><br />thanks in advance! <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Oil Change & Filter 50 HP Honda 4 Strok

One, get and read an owners manual.<br />Two, get and read a repair manual.<br />Three, buy the parts you need at the parts counter at your Honda dealer.

KCLOST

Commander

Answers....<br /><br />I don't know, I don't own one...<br /><br />At a Service/Parts dealer who handles Honda motors...<br /><br />Read a repair manual or owners manual for other maintenence issues...(I don't have the one you should)...<br /> :D

radsrh

Petty Officer 1st Class

When you take off the cover you will see the spin on type oil filter, very much like the one on your car or truck. The oil filter and washers you will have to get at a honda dealer.