1999 HONDA 130 HP

spudjunior

Cadet
IM thinking about buying a 1999 honda 130 hp any problems with them its got about 200 hrs on her .THANKS RON

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1999 HONDA 130 HP

I have a '99 BF130 which has given outstanding service with the only glitch being the design flaw that led to a cracked block. There's pretty complete info on that, as well as how to determine if your engine is affected and has been inspected for it in the several threads posted below. Honda has been very good at taking care of this problem, but you'll need a good dealer to take advantage of that. You're in luck in that there's been much recent discussion and info shared on this forum about the BF130. Read the messages posted below. {Clarification since this thread has been moved to the General Outboard Forum: The "messages posted below" are in the Honda/Nissan/Tohatsu Forum.}

blueflu

Cadet

All you Honda 130 owners out their never fear Hondas here! I had a recall on the cracked head and block problem, and when Honda found out one of the motors had some minor cracks, they replaced both motors on my 2000 World Cat. The cracks never caused any perfdormance problems and were found by the dealer during routine maintanence and inspection!

BrianW

Seaman Apprentice

I just want to add, that the warranty for the cracked block problem is only good for Honda of America engines. Honda of Canada doesn't admit to the problem and will not help you. So far I haven't been able to reach a higher level (Honda of Japan?) contact to see if they can help.

maillon

Seaman

BrianW Thanks for the info.<br /><br />I too have a motor from Canada. <br /><br />Just my luck. Here I am thinking that I couldn't go wrong with buying a honda only to faced with a cracked block and no warranty.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to General Outboard