Should the mixed gas/oil mixture always remain the oil dyed color

rdhj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a tank with 75:1 mix in it and just hooked it up to my motor to test it and the color of the gas going through my new clear fuel lines in the motor is the yellowish gas color...the two stroke oil I mixed in is blue...Shouldnt i be seeing blue in the fuel lines? Does the color fade away after a certain time?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Mine stays blue.

Has any other additive been dumped in the tank? Like Stabil, Ring-Free, etc.? And what fuel hose do you have between the tank and motor?

rdhj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Mine stays blue.

Has any other additive been dumped in the tank? Like Stabil, Ring-Free, etc.? And what fuel hose do you have between the tank and motor?

yes, i put in a fuel stabilizer months ago and I have rubber marine hose

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I asked about the hose because some black hose from auto parts stores will break down and discolor fuel.

mixed stabilizer and blue 2 stroke oil may change color.

rdhj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I asked about the hose because some black hose from auto parts stores will break down and discolor fuel.

mixed stabilizer and blue 2 stroke oil may change color.

wonder if it is the hose..i had some spill into the boat from the tank and when i sucked it up and put in a a bottle, it was blue..go figure

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If yellowish is the fuel color used, adding such a small blue 2 stroke oil ratio will probably do nothing changing fuel color.

Happy Boating