Website to look up serial numbers?

Fishingaddict88

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Is there any websites available to look up outboard serial numbers to find parts, specs, etc...

Fishingaddict88

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks, but I still can'tfind any info on this motor. It says it can't find my serial number. I've tried looking by hp as well. None seem correct.

It's a 6 hp twin mercury, I believe it's a 1974 with a serial number of 0282366

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Mercury does not go by model #s only the serial # matters. The kiekhaefer does not matter either. Your motor is a 1968 6 hp outboard unless the serial # you gave us is wrong.

Fishingaddict88

Petty Officer 3rd Class
OK thanks, you're probably correct. May I ask how you found that? Serial number is correct I have searched it numerous times and came up empty. It does sat "Merc 60" on the cover.. would that be a model?

As for the year I was just going off what the PO told me. He said it was his father's but there is a sticker on the top from 1974, I believe that is just some sort of registration at the time. He might have been wrong about the year.

Fishingaddict88

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Update: I did in fact search Merc 60 and it came up for 1970-2017 and my serial number is correct for that. So it most likely is a 1974, thanks for the help!