1995 sea ark

Houndhunter10

Recruit
I have a 15 ft all weld sea ark Jon boat. Question I have is would a 9.9 HP out board be enough to push it and plane it out. Boat is rated for 4 ppl and 600 pounds without motor and gear then it's rated for 875 pounds. It's a well built boat and rated for a 25 ho. Just wondering if a 9.9 would do the job. Not trying to set the water on fire. Thanks

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 15 ft all weld sea ark Jon boat. Question I have is would a 9.9 HP out board be enough to push it and plane it out. Boat is rated for 4 ppl and 600 pounds without motor and gear then it's rated for 875 pounds. It's a well built boat and rated for a 25 ho. Just wondering if a 9.9 would do the job. Not trying to set the water on fire. Thanks
If all you have at the moment is a 9.9, use that and be on the look out for a decent 20-25 hp motor.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Which OB brand is it, which number is stamped on prop body ? You can always go for a prop maximization to a less pitch for OB to run at it's max wot rpm range factory stated. Will need an induction tach to check current max wot revs achieved on calm water cond while solo boating. Once correct prop is dialed, combo will be good to go boating at plane with max 2 up, assuming both aren't sumo fighters LOL!!

Happy Boating