1990 evinrude

encore

Cadet
i'm looking to get another boat to leave up north, so it's there when the kids or i need it, got back with the guy and he said it was an oil injected motor, so next question is---- how reliable are these? he said he has owned it since new. 16 foot sea nymph ,trailor, motor, extra prop, 24 volt auto pilot trolling motor,3 padded seats, 1 casting seat,2 anchors,life vests,8 pole holders, garage stored. $2500.00 OBO. what do you think?----thanks---tom

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Yes it would have had VRO and they are very reliable. I would find out which version of the VRO it is. And if it is original to the motor it is coming to the end of it's service life.

encore

Cadet
can you elliminate the vro and tank, and just mix gas and go with a differant fuel pump?

encore

Cadet
so in other words if you went with disconnecting the vro you still need the unit to act as a fuel pump? and if so it doesn't matter as far as pumping gas and oil mix from oil tank or pre mixed, if it goes out it goes out for both anyways, right? or am i missing something? does my question make sense?

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
You can eliminate the the oil side of the VRO pump and use it as a pre-mix pump no need to replace it. You cannot pump gas from the oil tank you have to eliminate it.