Code reader for outboard use

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
You do know that the Serria STATS kit is about 6K????? Its cheaper to pay a dealer to read it and if it a Verado its doubtful any repairs will be DIY....

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylva-Ranger

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I saw that CDI made a system too, it's about the same price as STATS (about 6000-7000$) and it seem work whit Merc, Yamaha and BRP too.

All of them seem work whit Personal watercraft and Mercruiser but i dont need that, just cover the more popular outboard makes in 4 strokes and if possible E-Tech it's ok.

Sylva-Ranger

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Of course is not for my personal use !

​I made maintenance of outboards for a company in the great north near James Bay area, the nearest town (and dealer) is at 600 miles. That mean that we need to pay a guy to make 600 milles to bring the boat to a dealer and bring back sometimes 10 day later after the repair, sometimes just for read a code that tell to change a sensor or someting that takes 5 minutes.......Lost of times and money. The only access road for that area is so bad that your sure to have someting broke if tou towed a trailer and a boat on it.

​Before to know il buying a reader whill pay for itself for the next years, i need to know the sp?cifications and advantages of each systems and what they can do or not............

​I think this forum is probably a good place to have opinons of professionals to help me to take decision.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
They definitely do Yamaha because my Mercury is a Yamaha head and uses the Yamaha adapter. I don't see either in their descriptions either but worth more investigation. I would definitely buy the Rhinda Diacom if I did it again. I bought the smaller standalone unit.

Give them a call. They are very friendly and can answer all your questions.