1995 Evinrude 150 Ocean Runner

Spork

Cadet
Can anybody give me any + or - on this motor? Regardless if I get mine fixed I'm thinking about upgrading.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1995 Evinrude 150 Ocean Runner

Moving to general Outboard.

Spork

Cadet

Hello.... Is this thing on? ........ Anybody have one or have an opinion? I'm real close to buying this motor.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Hi Spork,<br /><br />These engines were very good, if well taken care of. Just like most! I can't say firsthand about performance, but I can give you a link to another discussion here on I boats that I found. I'm sure others will chime in with opinions. The weekend is pretty quiet around here. Check compression, Lower unit fluid for water intrusion(Milky) and check the Tilt and Trim for proper operation. A sea test is a must! At least hear it run! If they won't let you do that, don't buy it. If it's off the boat, about the only thing you can do are the tests I suggested. Good Luck,<br /><br /> web page

D

DJ

Don't forget about a compression test. All cylinders should be within 5-10 psi of each other.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Great motors! They rev up quick, make great torque, are quiet and are as good as it gets for fuel consumption for a carb'd motor.<br /><br />Good luck!