Tilt and trim or jack plate ?

acampane

Seaman
Ok guys let me explain my motor. I have an 2012 40hp evinrude ETEC on a 16ft alumacraft. While I got An insane deal on the motor it does not have tilt and trim. Nore does it have multiple pins to set tilt have to be honest didn't realize that until she was mounted. When on the water it's either all the way up or all the way down. There are a few holes to set at the down position but you can't put the motor "half up". I'm debating if I should get a tilt and trim system like the cmc pt 130 or a jack plate sonit just goes up and down ?. The boat runs great where I have it set.... it's just difficult in the shallows and launching. Any opinions would be great.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Forget about the jack plate it will not do what you want they are not designed to replace a T/N/T system . The CMC 130 or similar is the only way to go

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Standard portable OB's just have fully up, fully down and shallow water heights settings independently from 5 trim settings.

Happy Boating

acampane

Seaman
Thanks for reply guys. It is very unusual lol didn't even look just assumed , lesson learned ...still love the etec though. Looks like I'll be in the market for a cmc pt 130