wizard 1959 10hp. Oil mix ratio

Tech Tony

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I recently acquired an old outboard a Western auto wizard 1959 10 hp. I can't seem to find any info on the oil mix ratio. I am leaning toward 24 to 1, but I've seen a post here about anything in the 50's getting 16 to 1. If anyone has an old manual or can remember it will be much appreciated. Thanks

82rude

Rear Admiral
229.50(dollars) in 1959 could not see in the add what ratio.Every second product was named wizard at western auto back then.Untold thousands were sold.I remember in the seventies up here in Canada western auto sold ww2 war surplus lee-enfield rifles for 15 to 20 bucks depending on condition.Many a moose,deer,bear met their maker courtesy of the .303

Tech Tony

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Some times I feel like I was born too late,82. It must have been nice to be able to just live life with out all the BS we have to put up with now. And thank you FL Scott, I feel pretty good about 24 to 1 now.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I believe the 1959 models were built by Scott-McCulloch.

You are correct and the mix for them 40-1 or 16 oz of oil to 5 gallons of gas of tcw-3. Sorry I gave you the mix for the break in period. As long as it is a McCulloch motor. I run my scott and mcculloch motors on 24:1 and they run well.

Tech Tony

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes, might as well, I mean it can't hurt and you can't go down to western auto and get another one if you burn it up. Or even get parts for that matter.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Some times I feel like I was born too late,82. It must have been nice to be able to just live life with out all the BS we have to put up with now. And thank you FL Scott, I feel pretty good about 24 to 1 now.
No matter what era you were from there was ALWAYS BS to contend with. It was just a different kind.

In the 1950's we had only 1 car and Dad took it to work. Mom stayed at home. Friday night they went shopping. Dates with the car were few and far between.

The house only had 1 phone - in the kitchen on the wall. Try to call a girlfriend with Mom and Dad only a few feet away.

Dad pay for college? Yeah right. Not enough money in the house for that. I personally worked a full time job while in college.

Medical insurance? Sure. Dad's job payed for it 100%. They called it Major Medical. If we got sick Dad payed for everything. It was only good for a catastrophy.

I know a lot of 1982 somethings that had ALL of the luxuries (cell phones, cars, trips to FL on Winter break, etc.) In many ways life is much easier today.