New here. And new to boat ownership.

Brandon5778

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Lots of illini in here! I think I can bring her shine back with sum elbow grease, sum sandpaper and a buffer. Lol. The outside is pretty oxidized. Watched sum vids and I'm willing to bet there's sum shine under that dull luster

Trust me, much can be accomplished with a lot of time. When I picked up my boat the outside (white) was just beginning to turn yellow in some places it was so dirty. But I've brought it back to a like new shine in places. Like I said though it takes a lot of time, that's why I'm still not done lol.

crestflite165

Seaman Apprentice
Weird enough I just purchased the same boat,1978 mark Twain 17' with 115 Johnson.I'm having troubles making sense of the motor model number,as what mine says should not exsist.btw I'm in mn

78twainer

Cadet
The spring jitters got me yesterday, and I just had to make sure the motor ran. Since I bought it in winter and just went off previous owners word that it ran.
Anyways, it started 2nd turn of the key. I forgot to choke the first time. She purred like a kitten. F'n exciting! Come on real spring weather!

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
The spring jitters got me yesterday, and I just had to make sure the motor ran. Since I bought it in winter and just went off previous owners word that it ran.
Anyways, it started 2nd turn of the key. I forgot to choke the first time. She purred like a kitten. F'n exciting! Come on real spring weather!

​I did the same thing. Had to test my Tell Tale I added to my motor and it worked perfect :). 70+ degree weather makes a person go crazy :)