Bass tracker front motor lift switch

cipiti

Recruit
1983 bass tracker tournament tx 80hp mercury motor. My front spring loaded toggle switch to raise and lower my motor quit working. My trim and trailer button on throttle control works fine. I can't figure out where wires go from toggle switch. there is a violet wire on center terminal on 3 wire toggle switch which i can't trace to anywhere. I have an internal hyd. pump in boat with 2 solenoids. is it possible they go to throttle control where my trim switch is located? i tried putting 12 v on center terminal of switch nothing happened. any help would be appreciated.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
All the wires will be in parallel allowing any of the 3 to put power on the green for down or blue for up trim pump control wiring. No telling what color code Tracker used up there. Center pin on the switch should be 12v red....available any time regardless of the key switch position. Outside terminals will direct the 12v to up or down back to the relays/solenoids.

Either you lost continuity in the wiring or the switch isn't making contact from the center pin any longer. The switch may be a rectangle press in switch. If so, easy to fish out and replace. Mine on a similar non Tracker boat wasn't that easy and I had to cut a hole in the gunwale adjacent to the switch to fix the problem...I made a nice cover for the hole and attached with screws incase I needed it again.

cipiti

Recruit
Thank you for your reply. I have a 3 wire toggle switch. Switch is good. I think best solution is to run new wires since i cant trace old ones. Thanks again

Bondo

Staff member
I think best solution is to run new wires since i cant trace old ones.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... That seems abit extreme to me,....

You've got access to both ends, Test what's there,.....

On the switch the center should be battery voltage,....
Push the switch up, 'n the lower lug should show voltage, 'n the up should be powered at the pump,...
Push the switch down, 'n check the opposite circuit,.....

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
The bow switch will very likely be connected (via splicing or corrector) to the switch wiring at the helm. There would be no reason to run wires all the way to the stern.