www.universaloutboard.com

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Has anyone ever used this site? There prices are way under mrsp

pckeen

Commander
Scam. This type of scam comes up regularly on the net - a company claims to be a online supplier of outboards. I ran it on www.scamadvisor.com The site comes back as being listed in the U.S., with the real country of origin being hidden, likely Indonesia, and with a business location listed as being in Singapore. Red Flags are: prices are well below the prices offered by reputable on-line companies (too good to be true). The site claims to be from a company that has exited since 1994....but the website is almost brand new. The site claims to be a supplier of all brands of outboard, but marinas typically get the rights to distribute only some brands.

Tekin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you for your thourl reply! You have made great point. And I've never heard of scamadviser.com. I will use this in the future. Again thanks.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Remember the old adage. If it appears to good to be true it usually is.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
All the reviews on the site read like they were written by the same person. Not anything negative in the bunch is a sign to me. Any honest dealer would have an unhappy customer with 5000 sales as they claim.