What is this piece?

Psychosis

Cadet
Found this while rummaging through the depths of my boat storage. It seems to fit in the bottom holes of the transom bracket. Motor is a 90 Force. What is it for?

Attachments

• photo242696.jpg
    photo242696.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 1

Psychosis

Cadet
Are those really needed with power tilt/trim? I've never used it.

Last edited:

Tnstratofam

Commander
It's used for transporting like a transom saver device I believe. Over in the Chrysler/Force forum I've seen them talked about. I believe they are hard to find as well.

I don't have one for my Chrysler I use a regular type transom saver, but I also don't have powwr tilt and trim.

Last edited:

Psychosis

Cadet
From what I found out I believe it is used to keep from trimming under too far if your transom has a huge angle. Put it in and motor only trims down to it.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Good to know. I do have a trim limitting bar, but it's just a single bar and has a catch on the end to hold it in the setting I want. Power tilt and trim are on my wish list, but the old Chrysler units are expenxive and problematic. I believe I will end up getting a CMC unit eventually.

tommarvin

Ensign
We have that exact same devise Force 125hp, it makes sure the motor never drops when trailering.
We have T&T leak down so we have to use it, I would use it just to be safe,you don't want the skeg to hit something

Stingrayaxe

Seaman
Yup. It's a trailering bracket for a force 125 and 90hp. Maybe smaller too but unsure of that. Had one on my 1987 model 125.

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
Trailer bracket. tilt up, put it in, tilt down to it. It keep the weight of the motor from bouncing on the tilt rams and blowing a seal while towing.