Marine Engineerings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsanss

Seaman Apprentice
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with or heard of any type of review for Marine Engineerings. In the market, at least kicking some tires, for an outboard tiller motor. Came across some that appear to be pretty good deals on this Marine Engineerings website. Part of me feels like it's too good to be true. They appear to be based out of Indonesia, so that's a concern in itself. Their clever company name makes it nearly impossible to do searches without bringing up other stuff that's non-related. However, their website seems pretty professional and it's seemingly legitimate!

Thanks, ya'll.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
While some of these type of operations may have a decent product. I would be inclined to want a motor that has an established servicing dealer down the street with access to brand parts and service techs.

alldodge

Staff member
This is one of those things I would call "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"

The Indonesia part would be a no-go for me

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Like previous stated, service and PARTS should be your guiding line for any purchase. While there may be parts available, how long would those parts take to arrive. And what is the quality of those parts? I too would stick with some solid brand with parts and service that you know will be there. JMHO!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Like previous stated, service and PARTS should be your guiding line for any purchase. While there may be parts available, how long would those parts take to arrive. And what is the quality of those parts? I too would stick with some solid brand with parts and service that you know will be there. JMHO!

I bought a off brand shotgun years ago that came with a full 7 year warranty .Well you can quess what happened ,it broke and to have it serviced I was to ship it to china!Lesson learned.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I bought a off brand shotgun years ago that came with a full 7 year warranty .Well you can quess what happened ,it broke and to have it serviced I was to ship it to china!Lesson learned.

Yes 82rude. I think we all experienced such great deal with equally great warrantees. I did something similar with a video camera some decades ago. I bought the additional service package. And I had a lens focusing issue crop up under the warrantee period. Well lo and behold, the aftermarket service package wasn't going to fix it because that section of the video camera wasn't covered under the additional service package...go figure. So no more aftermarket or additional service warrantees for us on anything ever again. Scams are everywhere. JMHO!

walleyehed

Admiral
I'd like to bring this topic up to the top again to see if anyone has an actual experience with them...
As the OP was looking for.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Ive gone through several pages of google search and they dont even show so id be wary.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I've spent my entire adult life making commercial deals with people and businesses around the globe. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from a reputable dealer just about anywhere in the world but......it would be a CDIH between a bought a used outboard from a used outboard dealer in Jakarta if they're anything like the taxi drivers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.