New Label on TCW 3

tugboat80

Seaman
Recently in Wally Mart, I saw gallons of outboard lube mix titled "Evinrude Johnson Synthetic Blend". It was thinner blue color than I have seen of XD 50. No where on the label did it state "XD 50, XD 100, or XD 30." I question if this is the original XD 50? Or might it be a cheaper version for marketing thru a discount box store? Price was around 27-28$ per gallon.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
I hate walmart your best bet is to call evinrude and ask about it but I guarantee they will tell you to use only evinrude oil

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Distributed by Evinrude for the big box store market.

They say the formulation isn't exactly the same, whatever that means, but comparable to XD50.

FWIW: I'm buying cases (6) of XD50 delivered to the house for ~$25 a gallon

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I hate walmart your best bet is to call evinrude and ask about it but I guarantee they will tell you to use only evinrude oil

Does not matter where you buy it, the manufactures are always going to tell you that you should use only their oil.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Oh what memories. I can remember when I bought my first Bass boat. I bought cases and cases of Quicksilver oil because that boat never sit for any length of time. I went through lots of cases of Quicksilver. But as time went along the usage dropped off after a few years... But I guess any quality oil is about the same... JMHO!