Horsepower rating- 5.7 Alpha one

crownlyfe

Cadet
I have been searching and can't find the horsepower rating for this engine? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
gO1vvr6.jpg

tpenfield

Staff member
If you get the serial number off of the engine, you can nail it down. The 5.7's are generally in the 260HP range.

crownlyfe

Cadet
If you get the serial number off of the engine, you can nail it down. The 5.7's are generally in the 260HP range.

I got the serial number but is there a site or something where i type it in and it display, I tried googling but couldn't find anything alongside my serial number

Fun Times

Staff member
I got the serial number but is there a site or something where i type it in and it display,
There are a few sites that starts the process of finding more info about the engine but there are a few other steps needed to be done to confirm the info. Posting the serial number makes it the easiest way to find and confirm any guesses.

Bondo

Staff member
I have been searching and can't find the horsepower rating for this engine?

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... Figure 'bout 240hp, with a 2bbl. carb,....

'bout 260hp with a 4bbl. carb,....

'bout 280 claimed hp with an Efi,....

'n 'bout 300 claimed hp with the Mpi,....

crownlyfe

Cadet
Thanks for the replies fellas, I put it in one of the mercuriser part sites and this came out

MERCRUISER TB5, W/PS, TWOPCEX, WORO 5.7L ALPHA

Not a clue what the acronyms mean but i'll go ahead and have to check if it's 2 or 4 barrel thanks for the help everyone!

thumpar

Admiral
Just post the serial number here. There are people with access to more info than you can find on on the open internet sites. It is not a security risk to give out the serial number. I even have mine in my signature.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Thanks for the replies fellas, I put it in one of the mercuriser part sites and this came out

MERCRUISER TB5, W/PS, TWOPCEX, WORO 5.7L ALPHA

Not a clue what the acronyms mean but i'll go ahead and have to check if it's 2 or 4 barrel thanks for the help everyone!

TB5 = Thunderbolt V ignition, W/PS = w/power steering, TWOPCEX = two piece exhaust (manifold and riser), and I *think* WORO = without remote oil filter

(I'm not sure about the WORO, because my serial number yields WORO, too, but I do have a remote oil filter... maybe it was added later by someone else?)

Last edited:

crownlyfe

Cadet
Just post the serial number here. There are people with access to more info than you can find on on the open internet sites. It is not a security risk to give out the serial number. I even have mine in my signature.

It is OF787576 btw have the same exact boat and year! except in maroon love it!

crownlyfe

Cadet
TB5 = Thunderbolt V ignition, W/PS = w/power steering, TWOPCEX = two piece exhaust (manifold and riser), and I *think* WORO = without remote oil filter

(I'm not sure about the WORO, because my serial number yields WORO, too, but I do have a remote oil filter... maybe it was added later by someone else?)

ohhh interesting thanks for the response, that's all I was able to yield for the engine so far!