Don S memories live on

Speakrdude

Ensign
For any of you that watch the TV series on Discovery, "Alaskan Bush Family", you will hear "Ketchikan Alaska", many times throughout the episodes. This is where our buddy Don S. ran his boat repair shop.
I can see him, in my mind, running down to those docks, cursing all the operators that didn't take care of their engines/drive to his standards.

Don helped me when I first appeared on the Bayliner owners club, then I followed him here.
His advice was sometimes funny, sometimes, not so much., but always helpful.
Just thought I would pass that "good Memory" around.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Time fly's, don't it,....

I miss that laugh,.....

Especially after he'd been scoldin' me 'bout something I'd said or did here at iboats,....

Don, 'n I posted under/ over each other All the time,... Sometimes by seconds, sometimes at exact times,....

Ayuh, I really miss the ole crotchety som'***** ole fart,...... I really, Really do,......

alldodge

Staff member
Didn't know him very long but got to know the wisdom of his words real quick and was much better for it. He had a way of telling you that you were wrong but not so much as to belittle you in the process. Real good guy, miss his words.

He is part of the seas and in essence for me part of the waters over the globe

Fair winds Don

Last edited:

airshot

Rear Admiral
How ironic...I watch that show all the time..never realized Don was from Alaska. Appreciated his help on many occasions..he certainly is missed!!

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Whenever I saw his Oracle of the Sea posts I would read them, knowing that he was a walking marine encyclopedia.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Don had a truly uncanny ability to diagnose issues and from a laptop in his home a thousand mile's away. Ive been in the automotive industry for a long time shall we say and have never met anyone with his talent that was a generous as he was with his gift's...There were time's it seemed like he was a bit sharp angled when in fact it was both his passion and compassion to do the right thing the first time....Hell of a Man

Last edited:

thumpar

Admiral
I never got to meet him but felt like an old friend. Miss seeing his posts.

Dave-R

Chief Petty Officer
I believe in the hereafter because of Don. I still see posts the moderators send out with his name on them. I don't believe he passed away, but is stuck between a transom and a tight fitting Volvo drive. Don was not a graduate of Sears charm school, but an encyclopedia of marine wealth. I wish I had 10% of his knowledge. Dave-R