Thru hull conumdrum

Speakrdude

Ensign
So, I am work on yet another (big) boat project.
This boat 96 Maxum 3200 SCR, Twn Bravo III's 7.4L's.
I want to draw the cooling water from 1.25" thru hull fittings.
The "Conundrum" is, There is already 3 thru hull fitting there now! One in each space. (One under each engine and one in the middle)
Head water, Air conditioner, and generator. I Figured I could put the new ones in the middle as there would be room to get to the valves after the engines are in.
Any suggestions? Possible manifold thru hull to eliminate down from 5?
Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
OK then I would suggest the following, Blue is thru hulls with ball valves. Green are the lines to raw water pumps
Strainers.jpg

Speakrdude

Ensign
So, Looking (hard) to find a "serviceable" place to put two more seacocks and bronze strainers, I'm having a hard time making the decision. I am rebuilding all the gimbal components, hoses, etc., so I am torn with the decision to cool through the drive or install thru hulls. (although I really want to through hull)
Below is a "before" picture of the engines still installed. Looks like if I install the valves and strainers were I was thing, I will have to remove one or both manifolds to service.

alldodge

Staff member
Yep, that's the old 10lb in a 5lb bag. Not much room, so you may need to remove things or find a long arm skinny young'en