Mercruiser Keyhole placement

system-f

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Looking at converting a vessel with a stringer drive V-8 into two Mercruiser 4cyls, the boat originally sold with both as an option, but this one unfortunately has the OMC stringer. The hull will need a require stringer, deck, and transom replacement anyways and I am fully aware of how much work this project will be and the money required. My question is where do I find the information from Mercruiser that will tell me where to position the two outdrive keyholes in the transom?

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Looking at converting a vessel with a stringer drive V-8 into two Mercruiser 4cyls, the boat originally sold with both as an option, but this one unfortunately has the OMC stringer. The hull will need a require stringer, deck, and transom replacement anyways and I am fully aware of how much work this project will be and the money required. My question is where do I find the information from Mercruiser that will tell me where to position the two outdrive keyholes in the transom?

Howdy,

That would be something like the following........

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...tion-drawings/

And www.boatfix.com/merc/install/gas/86017211.pdf

There's a short discussion of how to position the drives for a twin install in the above manual

GOogle is your little fren!

Regards,

Rick

Last edited: