Sierra bag-o-gasket!

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Mercruiser drive to bell housing gasket kit. Sierra sells it in a bag! With no cardboard to protect it. Crazy. Got one from a mail order place and it was crunched up and ripped in a plastic bag with the o- rings.
Figured....I should have got it from iboats. So I looked on iboats and they had the same one that had a "D" at the end of the part number indicating " display packaging". So I ordered 4 figuring they would come on a cardboard sheet. Nope, just in a bag! All 4 were fine and I'm very happy with the purchase.
I just figured I would explain my experience so that others would be forewarned . That is...watch where you purchase something like this. Make sure they are reputable.

UncleWillie

Captain
The problem is not Sierra's packaging, it is the shipping method.
I bought the same package hanging on a hook at a local Marine store. Flat as can be.
If the Quicksilver version with cardboard packaging were to be shipped by the same shipping clerk you encountered.
He might just as well have folded the cardboard backer in quarters and stuffed it in an envelope.
If iBoats can ship it properly, So should everyone else.
Let the first supplier know their shipping department is doing substandard work! Refund Due!

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
They gave me a full refund and didn't want the item returned. It was a seller through Amazon.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Odd
All the drive to transom mount Sierra gaskets I bought for my Cobra have come packaged in cardboard

Bondo

Staff member
Mercruiser drive to bell housing gasket kit. Sierra sells it in a bag! With no cardboard to protect it. Crazy.

Ayuh,..... I buy 'em, 1/2 dozen at a time at my local Napa, 'n hang 'em on a nail over my bench,....

Never really thought 'bout it, 'n never gotten bent gaskets,.....

Last edited: