2000 criers 2455 new owner

Jaywebb83

Recruit
I purchased this boat used.. When I insert key and turn I get nothing. No gauges no horn now power at all. I like to think I need new batteries. I will buy 2 tomorrorow but I wanted to know is the a master switch on board I will need to kick on or with new batteries will it just be turn key? I've never owned a vessel of this size and am In love and terrified all at the same time. There is so much more to this vessel then I've ever had on any of my previous boats. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Jay

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Jaywebb:

I've never owned a boat that size, but in my experience there's no master switch on them. You'll typically have a breaker panel somewhere, but no master "power" button.

Bondo

Staff member
I purchased this boat used.. When I insert key and turn I get nothing. No gauges no horn now power at all. I like to think I need new batteries. I will buy 2 tomorrorow but I wanted to know is the a master switch on board I will need to kick on or with new batteries will it just be turn key? I've never owned a vessel of this size and am In love and terrified all at the same time. There is so much more to this vessel then I've ever had on any of my previous boats. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Jay

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... There's no way for anybody to know how yer hull was rigged,....

TEST the batteries, 'n Follow the wirin' to See what ya got,.....

With more than one battery, it's most likely got a 1, 2, or All battery switch,....

Last edited:

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Did you take a ride in the boat of at least watch it run on a garden hose to know for sure it started ok then and won't now?

As suggested above, start with the batteries and test: get a multi-meter (less than $10 at Harbor Freight if you don't already own one) and check the output of the batteries and go from there.

Good chance there is an "off" switch somewhere.

Mark