Review Of EZ Drain oil Drain Valve

sub2010ss

Petty Officer 1st Class
I installed one of these with my engine swap as well. the only thing I would like to have is a plug at the end of the hose with a lanyard to the bilge drain plug but still haven't found one.

oldjeep

Admiral
Not sure I understand the concept of the valve on the pan when used with a standard pan drain hose that has a plug in it. The factory setup on the last few boats I have had is pretty much like this - pull it out the transom, remove plug and drain.
32-865281A02.jpg

Last edited:

mr 88

Commander
The only problem with the OPs set up is what ever oil is left in the hose.from the fitting back,ends up in the bilge. I have a set up where there is a brass plug at the end of the hose,eliminating any oil in the bilge.

rick3452

Petty Officer 1st Class
The only problem with the OPs set up is what ever oil is left in the hose.from the fitting back,ends up in the bilge. I have a set up where there is a brass plug at the end of the hose,eliminating any oil in the bilge.

Understand, but what I did was to use a screw- on cap from a toothpaste tube on the end of the hose and it seals nicely.

UncleWillie

Captain
Just remove the hose from the valve when you are finished with the change.
If you can reach the valve to open it, you can reach the valve to put the hose On and Off.
Or... The Head end of a 3/8th bolt that doesn't have full threads would do the trick.
Cut off the threads and use the shank as a plug.

It looks like the Patents on the Fumoto/QuickValves have run out.
I have them on all my cars. They are easy and mess free.
I just need to remember to replace the original drain plugs before selling the cars. The valves aren't cheap by my standards.
There is no way to even come close to reaching under the engine on my boat so I am forced to change the oil through the Dip Stick tube.
It works, but it isn't as elegant!

Last edited:

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
If you have the kind of dipstick tube that goes to the bottom of the oil pan AND you use a garden hose adapter on a good vacuum pump it will get the oil out very well. The key to it is to make sure the end you thread onto the threads on the dipstick has a gasket to keep it from leaking vacuum. Just use a regular water hose gasket. I fabbed this up for my Topsider pump some years back and it works great.