Correct Raw Water Pump For SEI Outdrive

Fastatv

Petty Officer 1st Class
I haven't been on here much this winter in regards to posting, but I have been reading alot. Anyway, I have a 1989 3.0L 4 cylinder Mecruiser and the out drive has been replaced with an SEI unit. Its time for a new raw water pump and I wanted to be sure which kit to purchase. Would the kit be the same as for the original Alpha......or something different? Thanks!

alldodge

Staff member
I haven't been on here much this winter in regards to posting, but I have been reading alot. Anyway, I have a 1989 3.0L 4 cylinder Mecruiser and the out drive has been replaced with an SEI unit. Its time for a new raw water pump and I wanted to be sure which kit to purchase. Would the kit be the same as for the original Alpha......or something different? Thanks!

From what I can find they are the same. Found several selling impellers and they list them for both Alpha and SEI drives.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... Same thing,..... I ain't found any parts that won't interchange 'tween 'em,.....

Fastatv

Petty Officer 1st Class
AllDodge, Bondo, Thanks fellows. Will order the entire pump assembly today.

Fastatv

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just so all may know if asking the same question as I did, I purchased the Sierra 18-3320 raw water pump kit...it fit perfectly in the SEI drive.