Bellows Spring

wtuttle

Recruit
I just ordered a glm bellow kit. But it doesn't say it comes with the metal inner spring. My question is do all U joint bellows come with them and the manufacturer just doesn't list it? Could be a stupid question but I can't find a spring anywhere online and hoping it just comes with one and Im sweating it for no reason. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Moved this to a new thread. The one you posted in was old and dead

Gotta ask a question. What are you working on? The old thread was an OMC question in the Mercruiser section.

Bondo

Staff member
I just ordered a glm bellow kit. But it doesn't say it comes with the metal inner spring. My question is do all U joint bellows come with them and the manufacturer just doesn't list it? Could be a stupid question but I can't find a spring anywhere online and hoping it just comes with one and Im sweating it for no reason. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... The spring wire is cast into the bellows, not set inside the bellows,....

Yer's must be awfully rotten if the spring wire is free of the rubber,...

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Bondo, I'm sure it depends on what is being worked on and all, so I thought I'd mention that the SX-A drive bellows have the spring wound on the inner side of the bellows, completely exposed, and can be removed rather easily with some pliers. Could very well be different than OMC or whatever the OP is working on.

Either way wtuttle, I think if the bellows is designed to use that spring it will come included with the bellows. I've never seen anywhere that sells them separately.