Oh no the boat has been in Salt Water.

viper1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Here is the deal. Nice boat and a nice price. Its a bayliner trophy. Guy who owns has run it last 4 years in freshwater. But knows it was used in the ocean, how long he dont know. Said the manifolds, Risers and the carb has been changed. Is there still concern. Being its an I/O? Always hear people say salt water like its a terrible thing. Just what do i need to worry about.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... It's saltwater, not acid,....

Look it over, if it checks out, Go for it,....

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Ayuh,.... It's saltwater, not acid,....

Look it over, if it checks out, Go for it,....

Yeah. While I usually never consider boats for myself that have been operated in salt water for an extended period of time, If it was "clean", it would be "OK"

thumpar

Admiral
Were the manifolds and "elbows" changed after running in salt and now have only been run in freshwater?

dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Commercial fishing boats spend 40 or 50 years in salt water ,my Bayliner 2452 has been in salt water since 1992 with no issues at all,the manufactures equip the drives with anodes for a reason.

tpenfield

Staff member
Nobody around my waters says salt water is a terrible thing . . . because it is what we got.

It sounds like you will be fine.

agallant80

Commander
Mine is still floating after three years use in salt. I don't think its an issue.

viper1

Petty Officer 1st Class
LOL! Well i have heard that thousands of times Glad i lightened your day with laughter. ;) But if the deal goes through i have now. Im going to get an islander. If not i'll go check it out. Other then being a glass boat the pics look good. LOL!