Identifying an Alpha 1 Drive

dmanmtl

Seaman
A guy in my area has a full alpha 1 gen 2 drive for sale - claims it is in excellent shape and was hardly used - because he bought the wrong ratio (odd story - need to make sure it's not stolen)

He quotes the following numbers - basically told me to check these numbers to see if it will be a good replacement for mine..

1A24750 alpha gear assy 3ckn361 07

Anyone know what these are and where I can check them out? He;s a bit hard to communicate with. I could use this drive to replace to one that is on my boat at the moment - with a hole plugged with JB weld.

Thanks in advance.

D

thumpar

Admiral
That serial doesn't pull up. The ratio should be stamped on the side.

alldodge

Staff member
A guy in my area has a full alpha 1 gen 2 drive for sale - claims it is in excellent shape and was hardly used - because he bought the wrong ratio (odd story - need to make sure it's not stolen)

He quotes the following numbers - basically told me to check these numbers to see if it will be a good replacement for mine..

1A24750 alpha gear assy 3ckn361 07

Anyone know what these are and where I can check them out? He;s a bit hard to communicate with. I could use this drive to replace to one that is on my boat at the moment - with a hole plugged with JB weld.

Thanks in advance.

D

There is a digit missing from the drive number. It is 1A then six numbers. I put it in as 1A247500 and it comes up as a 1998 Alpha 1 Gen 2. Get the other digit and call Merc (920) 929-5200 to see if they have a stolen listing. Also if you have the other digit we can find out what ratio it was built to.

dmanmtl

Seaman
Thanks guys - where do you put these numbers to look them up - I have not been able to find a website with this info