2014 4.3 TKS motor

thumpar

Admiral
As long as you drain FIRST it doesn't really matter if you use AF or not. I don't use it but lots of people do. The problems come when the engine is full of water and then AF is introduced. Even if some of the AF gets in the engine it is just mixing with water.

Last edited:

roffey

Commander
As long as you drain FIRST it doesn't really matter if you use AF or not. I don't use it but lots of people do. The problems come when the engine is full of water and then AF is introduced. Even if some of the AF gets in the engine it is just mixing with water.

Hmmm, before I pulled the plugs, ran it up to operating temp and then ran antifreeze through the motor then drained the system. I thought I was over winterizing. I am 99% sure I have the system winterized, for that extra 1% maybe I will pour antifreeze in? Feel free to jump in you boyz have been more than helpful so far.

thumpar

Admiral
Hmmm, before I pulled the plugs, ran it up to operating temp and then ran antifreeze through the motor then drained the system. I thought I was over winterizing. I am 99% sure I have the system winterized, for that extra 1% maybe I will pour antifreeze in? Feel free to jump in you boyz have been more than helpful so far.
The engine fills from the bottom up. Only the amount of water that gets past the thermostat exits the engine. Everything else dumps out the exhaust. Even with the thermostat open most of it goes out the exhaust. If you drain the engine first it will fill up with AF as you feed it in.