Bravo III R&R time estimate

sausrigging

Cadet
Hi guys, I recently picked up a 1998 290 sundancer, boat is in excellent shape short of a completely corroded bravo III, fam issues with the old owner led to neglect in saltwater. So, I am looking or for an 'all data' type book time to figure cost for removal and replacement of a complete bravo III replacement. I have a great shape, low hour bravo III with the same ratio complete with gimbal, transom assembly etc ready to bolt on. I know the engine needs to come out, can anyone tell me what I should expect for R&R time? I rig sailboats and manage yachts for a living but havnt much experience with IO installations.
TIA,
​j

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Neglected in salt water, double that LOL.....one thing we do here in the salt pond is very regular maintenance on I/Os because if you don't it can be a real nightmare.

In addition to the issue with corrosion, if the boat is raw water cooled, there could be significant corrosion in the engine block, especially the exhaust manifold and risers. For sure you need to inspect and most likely replace the whole exhaust system.

Last edited:

agallant80

Commander
That sucker is heavy. I am 33, 6'4" 270lbs and run 12 miles a week and I needed my neighbors help.