Through Hull Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

jryotas

Cadet
Oh , one other thing , For any of you wanting to tackle this yourselves , keep the piece you cut out of the transom with your hole saw as this makes the perfect sized plug for your y pipe .

tfret

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've got an 84 Dixie ski boat with 5.7L through hull exhaust. The exhaust is the only thing I wish I could change about that boat. It might have seemed cool in 1984, but frankly its just annoying as all get out today. Not to mention bad for your hearing. If I ever have to pull the engine its getting a Y pipe and through prop exhaust installed. Unless you just enjoy being obnoxious, I'd think long and hard before doing this. Just my 2 cents..

bfjou812

Seaman Apprentice
Wanted to thank every one of you for you opinions and input . I get everything installed today and am very pleased . I installed 4" Hardin tips with internal flappers and am also going to run external flappers just to be safe . The tips also have removable baffles to quiet it down a lil . On the inside , I was able to find a local muffler shop that had chrome over stainless 4" exhaust tips that we cut to 10" and they made perfect splice pipes between the tips and the risers . Looks better than 16" of black exhaust hose would have looked anyway . The sound is just what I was looking for and I can wait to get it out on the water .

On another note , I also just ordered our new tower from DIYwake and will be installing it soon as well as a set of Bazooka 8" tower speakers . Now I will get the chicks that like the loud exhaust and the ones who like the loud stereos ;)[/Q

Let's see/hear it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.