Used boat, I THINK I made it better...Blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Bought a used Tahoe. I noticed whent I opened the engine compartment that the duct for the blower had pulled apart. Easy fix, right? Not so much. I couldn't immediately find any plastic 4" duct so I used duct tape as a temporary fix. TO MY SURPRISE, after I get it all taped up and close up the holes the blower motor is BACKWARDS! It's sucking air into the engine compartment instead of "blowing" the air out of the engine compartment. Needless to say I reversed it. I'm assuming the previous owner "fixed it" but really had no idea what he was doing. SCARY! Air output from the engine compartment is pretty stout now!

airshot

Rear Admiral
WOW... would have been a real bummer if a fire had taken place....you would have had a blow torch on your hands. Good catch !!

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was thinking I was doing the right thing after looking around on the forum. Thanks for the input. My new blower vent hose is here too. Once I get in the right frame of mind to crawl in the engine compartment I'll get the new stuff put on. Thanks for the input folks

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
No Title

How it should be done from Chapman's.....

Attachments

• photo195426.jpg
    photo195426.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0

Psmevents

Recruit
GT 2003 I appear to be in the same situation and am seeking a diagram or photograph to provide any insight on how it should be I have bought a 2008 q5i and in looking inside the engine compartment the correlated tube that runs from the back of the firewall to the bottom of the engine papers to be ripped 4.3mpi engine

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This is an old thread. Please read the Help Tip on top of the page and start a new thread of your own. Also - Turn off auto-correct, it isn't working!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.