Need Mercuiser wiring diagram, pictures or tutorial for 1997 4.3 vortec

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregonrafter

Cadet
I bought a 1997 4.3 mercruiser engine that had the wiring harness removed. I purchased a wiring harness, and now I need to install it. Do you know of a source for pictures or a diagram for this?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
...It's sort of intimidating looking at a big ball of spaghetti wires. I found that drinking a beer and staring at it didn't help near as much as I thought it would.
-Mike

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Need Mercuiser wiring diagram, pictures or tutorial for 1997 4.3 vortec

I bought a 1997 4.3 mercruiser engine that had the wiring harness removed. I purchased a wiring harness, and now I need to install it. Do you know of a source for pictures or a diagram for this?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
...It's sort of intimidating looking at a big ball of spaghetti wires. I found that drinking a beer and staring at it didn't help near as much as I thought it would.
-Mike

Ayuh,.... Ya got a serial number for it,..??

Is it carbed, or Efi, or Mpi,..??
Carbed, is it 2bbl. or 4bbl..??

oregonrafter

Cadet

Serial number: k168428
2bbl carb
Currently wireless :)

oregonrafter

Cadet

Just bumping this back to the top. Anyone know of a wiring diagram for this engine?

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

Here is a link to the electrical section of your Mercruiser's service manu@l. By using the buttons below it you can find the wiring diagrams you are looking for along with the rest of the service manu@l:

Boatinfo - Mercruiser Service Manual nr. 18 - 1993-1997 - Engines GM V6 Gen II Balance Shaft

Here is the very beginning of the manual:

Boatinfo - Mercruiser Service Manual nr. 18 - 1993-1997 - Engines GM V6 Gen II Balance Shaft

or go here and enter your serial # then on the right hand side of the page select "electrical diagram" from the very bottom of your drop down menu.

https://webapps.brunswick.com/literature/literatureSearch.do

oregonrafter

Cadet

Thanks, tazrig. The Boatinfo site has the wiring diagram, but the resolution is so poor that I can't see enough of the details to know what colors the wires should be. The Brunswick.com diagrams are good, but these are parts diagrams only, and don't show where each wire terminates.

I was able to find an entire service manual online, after extensive searching. I've downloaded it and saved it for future nightmares. ;-)

Volphin

Lieutenant
You may want to drink several during installation. ;) Let me know if you need pics of wire routing.

Nwright27

Recruit

Thanks, tazrig. The Boatinfo site has the wiring diagram, but the resolution is so poor that I can't see enough of the details to know what colors the wires should be. The Brunswick.com diagrams are good, but these are parts diagrams only, and don't show where each wire terminates.

I was able to find an entire service manual online, after extensive searching. I've downloaded it and saved it for future nightmares. ;-)
Care to share where you found the files at? Kind of having the same issues.

Blorton

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Be really careful guys. Hackers are able to put bad software inside pdf’s now.

Status
Not open for further replies.