My bayliner 195 BR 383 build

thumpar

Admiral
Re: My bayliner 195 BR 383 build

Very nice! What drive is going behind it?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

You going to put in through the hull exhaust so that beast can breath?

MikDee

Banned

Wait! I think I just had an Orgasm! :happy:

Yukonmuscle

Seaman

I've got through hull exhaust and just bought a pair of these to let it really breath

Yukonmuscle

Seaman

Very nice! What drive is going behind it?
Alpha drive behind it. I'll take it easy on the hole shot, keep new fluid in it at all times and run a drive shower and take my chances.....

Walt T

Lieutenant

Garage looks a lot like mine.. Stuff over here, stuff over there, stuff from when I was fixing my wagon as a kid still hanging on the pegboard, maybe a body or two under some old engine blocks. Funny how the mechanics always know where everything is despite the apparent chaos. Move one tool a foot to the right or left and it'll be a year after he bought a new one before he finds it.

Baby the drive my butt, the whole point is to see what that mudda can do. Okay maybe holeshot isn't that important but goosing it from 30 to 50 mph is a whoooole lotta fun. Then there's top end... Nothing sounds like a well tuned engine at 5500 rpm. Nothing sounds quite like a drive grenading then too, but that's besides the point.

Last edited:

1Zorro1

Seaman Apprentice

Hang on to your hat sunshine lol. I built one 9.4 compression with vortec heads. I used an Eagle complete kit. Pushed my 26 Sunray Mirage to 47-50 mph wind adjusted and it jumped out of the hole to plane. Boats love torque! It absolutely walked a similar sized brand new Bayliner Ciera 26 weekender 5.7l, 350cid.

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

So what cam did you decide on....the 276 would make that 383 sing with those head's...

Last edited:

1Zorro1

Seaman Apprentice

So what cam did you decide on....the 276 would make that 383 sing with those head's...
i went with a CS 260H-10 Comp Cams. Nice, smooth idle yes i went a bit on the safe side but figured it would help at the dock. Also went with a low rise dominator intake to Q-jet.

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member

Garage looks a lot like mine.. Stuff over here, stuff over there, stuff from when I was fixing my wagon as a kid still hanging on the pegboard, maybe a body or two under some old engine blocks. Funny how the mechanics always know where everything is despite the apparent chaos. Move one tool a foot to the right or left and it'll be a year after he bought a new one before he finds it.

Baby the drive my butt, the whole point is to see what that mudda can do. Okay maybe holeshot isn't that important but goosing it from 30 to 50 mph is a whoooole lotta fun. Then there's top end... Nothing sounds like a well tuned engine at 5500 rpm. Nothing sounds quite like a drive grenading then too, but that's besides the point.

Ayuh,.... Nothin' another $1,500.00 won't fix,....

I hope that ole bayliner is solid, 'n up to the task,....
not that's it's ever been known as a "Hi-Speed" hull,...

Sweet lookin' motor goin' together,...

thumpar

Admiral

If it does grenade and you don't want to fix it I got a nice spot for the engine. :lol: I have the itch for a 377/383 but can't justify it right now.

Yukonmuscle

Seaman

Yeah I bought the extreme marine 276 cam. Sold the 270 cam and professional product cross wind intake I had for the vortec heads

Yukonmuscle

Seaman

Yeah I have a lot of stuff in the garage! Built shelves all around the top of the garage to hold all the wife and kids stuff.... Never enough room. Your right though I know where everything is..... What drawer in what tool box or behind what door in each cupboard.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

:pop2::pop2:

And the intake i presume is a single plane.....

What are your build expectation's.....425hp.....450...............................................

Hmm are you planning k-plane's or hydraulic stabilizer's.....Your going to need something iam sure that's a 70+ ride your building

Last edited:

Yukonmuscle

Seaman

:pop2::pop2:

And the intake i presume is a single plane.....

What are your build expectation's.....425hp.....450...............................................

Hmm are you planning k-plane's or hydraulic stabilizer's.....Your going to need something iam sure that's a 70+ ride your building

Victor jr single plane intake, edelbrock 750 carb, dart pro 1 aluminum heads. I've got a set of Bennett hydraulic trim tabs but gonna run the boat as is and not put them on untill I know they are needed. Def looking for 70 plus mph. Shooting for 450hp. When it's all assembled it's being tuned on the dyno with wide band o2 sensors, I just don't want to be screwing with the carb and timing curves out on the lake. Running an msd ignition system