Winter's Not OVER YET!!- if you fired it up, drain it......

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
you boys in the North East pay attention to temps next few nights.....if you fired up the motor, DRAIN IT this afternoon. gonna drop down well below freezing next few nights..........

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Winter's Not OVER YET!!- if you fired it up, drain it......

yep, that cold snaps just leaving here today, for the most part. last nights temp was 23*F. i think it was a record low for around here.

myself, i'm still winterized. and thru. and fri around here is forecast for 32 and 33 respectively. maybe by weekend i'll think about gettin yer out, with luck. saving grace for me is i been out in my canoe three or four times already. not much to winterize on a canoe other than turn it upside down...:D

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander

:) got to love canoe winterization............ I fired mine up Sunday when it was 75 degrees.... all good!! two quick pulls of block/manifold plugs.... drained it just for nights like ones coming ;)

Lou C

Supreme Mariner

Same here, lows of 30 the next 2 nights, I am not starting mine up (full of -100 AF since Oct) till the week after....

boatingfun

Seaman Apprentice

you boys in the North East pay attention to temps next few nights.....if you fired up the motor, DRAIN IT this afternoon. gonna drop down well below freezing next few nights..........

It was 80 here in nh over weekend. I took the boat out. I have since removed outdrive to replace bellows etc.
How do I put antifreeze back in without outdrive on. Its supposed to be 29 tonight

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Supposed to be 25F here tonight. I drained the block and manifolds.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner

Just drain it for now..
Here its 34* and freezing rain/sleet...great.....