new mercruiser 3.0 engine

cyrillefrenchy

Recruit
hello
I am trying to help an old friend to find the best place to buy a complete rebuilt engine mercruiser 3.0 lx 4 cylinders year 2006 in his bayliner deck boat.
the exhaust manifold cracked (corrosion) salt water intrusion into the engine, cylinder walls pitted deep, bunch of play in carburetor shaft and very rusted starter so a complete package would be the best.
any idea who sell that kind of package ? anybody in florida would be even better.
anybody has already done that on that forum? thank's in advance

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: new mercruiser 3.0 engine

Hi there, One option would be since you're looking for a complete drop in engine, then you may want to consider buying a complete Mercruiser remanufactured engine. Mercruiser part number 8M0072497 available for order at any Mercruiser dealer of your choice. Going remanufactured may save you a considerable amount of money vs going brand new depending on where you buy it from. So do your homework first. Just Google search the part number if interested.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/media/mercury/pdfs/repower/8M0072497-3L-alpha-tks.pdf
And check out the video in this link below,
Remanufactured MerCruiser Products | Mercury Marine

Some highlights I found online for you below,
MerCruiser does not allow ANY MerCruiser dealer or MerCruiser new engine provider
to ship new engines, period! New engines are for local sales/repowers only.

MerCruiser DOES allow shipping of all Quicksilver remanufactured products including the full line
of PLUS, PLATINUM and PRO-SERIES long blocks.

3.0 Litre TKS 135 Horsepower Carb Engine. BRAND NEW! 2014 Program Year. You?ll find the 3.0 TKS powering small runabouts, pontoons, commercial fishing boats and everything in-between. That?s because this little engine has earned a big reputation for powerful reliability and excellent fuel economy. Its large displacement four-cylinder design makes it a terrific performer at an amazing value. The 3.0 TKS features MerCruiser?s exclusive Turn-Key Start (TKS) system. This patented feature eliminates the hassle of starting a cold engine. Simply turn the key ? no choke, pumping or priming are required. RELIABILITY Extra large displacement produces power with good torque. EST Analog Ignition system ensures reliable starts Industry-exclusive 3-year limited corrosion failure warranty. Proven GM cast iron block for years of reliable operation. Single-piece intake/exhaust manifold reduces number of components and gaskets for more reliable service. PERFORMANCE Optimized intake manifold for improved fuel atomization, smoother power delivery. Revised fuel calibration for crisp acceleration and improved running quality. Optional anti-feedback power steering helps reduces operator fatigue and makes boat handling a breeze. Low restriction flame arrestor for added horsepower and torque. EASY OWNERSHIP 3-year/300 hour maintenance interval on many periodic service items saves time and money. Easy Oil Drain system is cleaner and makes periodic service simple and less work. Color-coded service points makes checking fluid levels simple and straightforward. Operates on easy to find, less expensive 87 octane fuel. Engine-mounted drive lube monitor for easy lube check or add from inside the boat Easy water drain & flush system is standard. TECHNOLOGY Turn Key Starting for easy starts, cold or hot, every time with no choking or priming. Helm-mounted Audio Warning System monitors oil pressure, engine temperature and drive lube level and provides instant alarm if any of these vary from normal range. Available MerCathode galvanic corrosion prevention system offers unmatched active electronic corrosion protection. Large 65 Amp alternator provides plenty of power for popular onboard electronics. SPECIFICATIONS: Power: 135HP (99.3kW) Full Throttle Range: 4400 - 4800 RPM Displacement: 181CID (3.0L) Engine Type: I4 Bore & Stroke: 4.00" X 3.60" (101mm X 91mm) Compression Ratio: 9.3:1 Fuel Requirement: 87 Octane (R+M)/2 Fuel System: 2V Carb with Turn Key Start & Mechanical Fuel Pump Induction System: Single Piece Iron Intake-Exhaust Manifold Ignition System: EST Analog with Distributor Charging System: 65 Amp/917 Watt Alternator Water Drain System: Quick-Disconnect Drain Hoses with Flush Feature Exhaust System: Iron Manifold with EDP Coating Cooling System: Thermostatically Controlled, Raw Water Accessory Drive System: V-Belt Optional Power Steering Available Recommended Engine Oil: MerCruiser Full Synthetic Engine Oil - SAE 20W-40 Engine Warning System: Low Oil Pressure, High Coolant Temperature, Low Drive Lube Alpha Ratios 2.0, 2.40(H) Dimensions (LxWxH) in 29 x 26 x 21 Optional Freshwater Cooling NOTES: 1)

Good luck with whichever way you decide to go.:)

cyrillefrenchy

Recruit
Re: new mercruiser 3.0 engine

thank you guys for these precious infos, I am an outboard Yamaha guy, own a boat rental company here in st pete florida and have 10 boats and 8 skis that I maintain all myself as a previous automobile mechanic over in France where I am coming from so I will install this engine myself, just not very familiar with I/o engines suppliers.
thank you again, anybody else have another suggestion?