Mercruiser 305 5.0l cracked block

Johnfroe1

Recruit
I have a Mercruiser 305 5.0l long block which was not winterized and unfortunately has a cracked block. Is there a market to sell this to? It still fired right up before I swapped it out. That was a $2000.00 mistake that'll never happen again.

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
Re: Mercruiser 305 5.0l cracked block

"a long block with a cracked block" = a pair of cylinder heads

yes, you can sell a pair of cylinder heads easily on your local craigslist - just put the casting numbers in the ad
the cracked block value is as scrap

carribbean soul

Petty Officer 2nd Class

crank cam and intake are still good. fyi I got $56 for a locked up 350 at the steel scrap yard.

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer

I have a Mercruiser 305 5.0l long block which was not winterized and unfortunately has a cracked block. Is there a market to sell this to? It still fired right up before I swapped it out. That was a $2000.00 mistake that'll never happen again.

Take out the rotating assembly and reuse it if its still good or sell it. Take the block to the scrap yard. You should be able to get enough for a case of beer.

Most places will build a short block for you for about $800 or so.

Im currently shopping around as I cracked my SBC 350 from improper winterization.

Johnfroe1

Recruit

Take out the rotating assembly and reuse it if its still good or sell it. Take the block to the scrap yard. You should be able to get enough for a case of beer.

Most places will build a short block for you for about $800 or so.

Im currently shopping around as I cracked my SBC 350 from improper winterization.

Thanks. I purchased a long block from Rapido Marine and have been very pleased with the results. I paid 1850 plus 80 shipped to my home