Mercruiser stern drive replacement

Montagnard

Recruit
Bought a boat for 150 basically was just paying for the trailer, in it was a dead inboard Mercruiser sterndrive 160hp GM 26 engine! Serial number 4633371! The block look crack and its been taken apart! The lower part to the propeller is gone as well! I'm just wondering is it worthed to replace the engine? The boat it's an old 1977 silverline Nantucket and how expensive would it be! Where can I get the parts? What the cheapest engine and other stuff I can put in it?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Mercruiser stern drive replacement

Bought a boat for 150 basically was just paying for the trailer, in it was a dead inboard Mercruiser sterndrive 160hp GM 26 engine! Serial number 4633371! The block look crack and its been taken apart! The lower part to the propeller is gone as well! I'm just wondering is it worthed to replace the engine? The boat it's an old 1977 silverline Nantucket and how expensive would it be! Where can I get the parts? What the cheapest engine and other stuff I can put in it?

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,....
You could buy another junk boat with a runnin' motor, 'n drive, 'n swap 'em into yer hull,...

That's the Cheapest way,....

New, yer lookin' at $10,000.00/ $15,000.00, Plus.....

Only You can decide what the Hull is worth,....