bilge blower exhaust and intake

onebighead

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 1999 SeaRay b210 that I am working on (new to me). I see the bilge blower is missing, which I am going to replace. I have noticed this boat does not have louvers for bringing air in while underway. Where is this boat supposed to get intake air for the bilge area while underway and sitting still. Are the bilge blowers supposed to run all the time. Any information is appreciated. thanks

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: bilge blower exhaust and intake

bilge blowers are exhaust only and should draw from the lowest point of the bilge above likely level of bilge water.

Intake air can come from several places dependent on the design of the boat... (pics)

Blowers are to be run for 5 minutes before starting boat AND anytime the engine is running and the boat is sitting still OR moving at low speed... IE not on plane

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: bilge blower exhaust and intake

Are the bilge blowers supposed to run all the time. Any information is appreciated.

That "b210" model name was one I remembered being a center console fishing model that used outboard power so there would be no louvers or bilge blower but I can only seem to find those starting in 2007 but Sea Ray did have the '210br' model name so that must be what you are referring to.

IN a link of a pdf from Sea Ray's site for a 99 210br under "Hull and Desk Features" it does list:
Integral Ventilation

That tells me it has to be there somewhere and would make sense that they did build it in.

Here's a link from the stern that shows 2 openings underneath the sun pad:
Used 1999 Sea Ray 210 Bow Rider Signature, Saugatuck/douglas, Mi - 49406 - BoatTrader.com

Here I found a link that shows the bilge blower hose on the starboard side; maybe going to one of those openings under the sun pad?
This is a 2001 model but maybe it is the same as a 99 but I could not find a picture of the engine compartment on a 99.
Used 2001 Sea Ray 210 Signature, Hamilton, In - 46742 - BoatTrader.com

Mark