Fuel treatment: Star Tron?

pvancorenland

Seaman Apprentice
I understand that you can't make bad gas good again with something like Stabil, but can you make "watery" gas better?
I had my tank only half filled (for a variety of reasons), and added Stabil, but I was still concerned about the water in the ethanol blended gas when I dewinterized it.

Based on discussions in this forum, I've used Star Tron (enzyme based water-fuel emulsifier) when de-wintering, and replaced the water separating filter. Haven't had a problem with the boat.

Right now, my boat hasn't been used for ~2 months, and I'm wondering whether I should use Star Tron again?

what is the good practice?

If it matters: I have a 5.7 VP GSI (fuel injected)

superbenk

Commander
Re: Fuel treatment: Star Tron?

I don't think adding stuff after the fact is going to do squat. If you're going to use anything you want to use it when you lay it up when the gas is fresh. At this point the gas is either good or it's not.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel treatment: Star Tron?

I just drained out the gas in my tank after 1 year. There was no water or any contamination of any kind. I didn't use ANY snake oils of any kind either.

what is the good practice?

Probably to just use the boat.

If you're planning to store it for a year or more, put some STABIL (or other fuel-storage stuff) in it if it makes you feel better.

I just store mine with 1/4 tank or less and fill it up in Spring.

Regards,

Rick