Winter-eze

fxdl

Cadet
Has anyone used the product called winter-eze to winterize a Mercruiser Alpha 1? Looks interesting, but I don't want to take any chances. This is only my second winter and last year I paid big bucks to have my winterizing done.

JStutz

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Winter-eze

I recently tried the Wintereze and cannot recommend it. The concept makes sense but I couldn't get the "pan" to fit well on the lower unit. I thought I had it on right until after running the engine for a couple minutes caused it to overheat. I ran the engine with the muffs to cool it down and drained the block. I found removing the radiator hoses and pouring radiator fluid in is just as fast.

jawzzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Winter-eze

is this product meant for merc's only? The adds<br />state that it fits alpha1's, but not sure if that means "as well", or "only".

Glass an

Recruit
Hmmmmm, I have used this for 12 years with no problem. Gets 20 below here. Old habits die hard. Only downside is only fits alpha one drives.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
you cannot introduce A/F thru the outdrive using the "I cracked my block method" unless you drain everything first. much easier to flush,fog, drain, and fill by hand.

Bondo

Staff member
you cannot introduce A/F thru the outdrive using the "I cracked my block method" unless you drain everything first. much easier to flush,fog, drain, and fill by hand.

Ayuh,..... It sure sounds like this Winter-eze thingy is the new improved version of the "I cracked my block method" ,.....

Air, Don't freeze,.... ;)

UncleWillie

Captain
I do not get the part at step #2 that states "Attach the tubing to the cooling exhaust holes".

The cooling exhaust is the engine exhaust, and will dump most of it out the center of the Prop on the ground. :confused:
How does that work???

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
holy cow........ 10 year old thread........... that's gotta be a record..:lol:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
No, but close, Mid. Let it sink back to the bottom, guys.

Glass an - Please don't post to old topics. Anything over three months old should remain dormant unless the original poster revives it and he has been gone over three years in this case.

Last edited: